[Poll] Next Token for yVaults

LINK for sure! Will bring lots of new users

1 Like

I think renBTC will not only add a great source of liquidity but it will also be a catalyst for other chains to integrate with REN for interoperability on ETH network. This will bring in even more liquidity to DeFi.

1 Like

I recon RENBTC and SNX ftw

1 Like

What about AMPL? Seems like a solid token that allows its supply to correspond to demand.

Since yVaults use Aave for borrowing, I believe we are limited to the tokens accepted by Aave:

1 Like

Once SNX and LINK are up and running, I’d like to see a BTC defi tokens vault. One that could benefit from all the most popular wrapped BTC available (RENBTC, WBTC, sBTC, etc.). I don’t know if that makes sense in terms of liquidity/market cap. Just floating the idea :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Let’s go with SNX next. A SNX yVault would do wonders for the small holders given that Mintr management fees are prohibitively expensive right now.

Also, there is a lot of interest around SNX at this time… and we should give something back considering we have been cloning some of their contracts! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

it should be SNX, but it would make Kain angry and he may search for some counter-measures :slight_smile:

A YFI vault would be my personal favorite but I don’t know if aave is planning on adding YFI as a collateral.

1 Like

SNX the most obvious choice. 86% staked inefficiently - high gas costs and lots of manual and confusing work. Huge benefit and cost savings to them moving to yvault. probably take most of it in the first week. vote SNX…

1 Like

I’d love to see a BNT vault eventually, though it would have to employ a non-Aave strategy.

With Bancor v2’s post-impermanent loss protocol set to capture tons of liquidity it’s a good option and it could provide good opportunities for programatic yield farming. Since every pool on Bancor v2 will be BNT + TOKEN and they use fees for rebalancing not arb – so one could switch BNT around to different pools harvesting the best fees.

2 Likes

@tracheopteryx do you have enough technical knowledge to formalize what should be done in order to farm Banvor v2 pools? Meaning, how simple farming strategy should look like (need exact steps)?

I think I could sketch something out, yeah

I would love to see renBTC added. The protocol is solid and would be a great, trustless way to bring BTC to YFI.

1 Like

I would like to see a BTC vault too. I think yearn could smash all other BTC rates offered elsewhere. I’d prefer REN but I see the appeal of wBTC as it’s the most liquid.

why? The added buy pressure is good for SNX.

YFI vVaults. Think about it

2 Likes

what about MANA or ETH? I haven’t seen so much interest in those two.
is it because of the interest that you can earn on those?

SInce ETH has been added I would put it top of my list. ETH, DAI, LINK, SNX, wBTC

Don’t you guys want to earn yield on your YFI bags? It will give us even more reason to hold YFI. We just need to convince Stani to put YFI on Aave.

2 Likes