Let's take YFI to China

Can we start by adding a Chinese language section to ‘categories’ in this forum?

And Russian / Korea / Japan / India / Spain / France etc etc

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php#5 see here

@milkyklim

imo, she is wrong with that “…very resistant to bottom-up governance…” I am a Chinese too!

Actually, Chinese has no choice for the current situation because some reasons we all know that!
This is not a group of people they need a strong authority. We need to give more them help to hug the new world, not just keeping them away! I do believe these people are smart and with a great hospitality…

4 Likes

I can help with that, I have some friends are close to the Chinese Ethereum community and they would like to help bridging the east and west!

3 Likes

I actually don’t want to have international discussions on forum :frowning:
My reasoning: it disrupts discussion flow and it’s harder to maintain from mod prospective.

We created language specific discord channels and we can sure have telegram or any other social media accounts.

If you can provide good enough reason I will happy to change my mind.

5 Likes

In that case could we just have a single page directing them to the discord?

Tbh I didn’t even know there was a discord

I know its been talked about before, but we really need to have some simple intro to stuff for people in other languages (and English tbh)

Thanks for all the work you do

Started with a simple page with all links:

Drop a comment there if you think that something is missing.

Also if you can help with “simple intro to stuff” we can put it up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think it’s fair, nor right, for a decentralized governance platform to dictate what languages stake holders/community members can speak in, on the governance forum itself… I understand the practicality of needing to have mods who then understand those additional languages, that’s just part of the gig if you want a truly international, decentralized community. Just my two cents

3 Likes

Yah it seems odd to me too.

I don’t say it’s final decision but we are low budget currently :sweat_smile:

I am up to setup a “Welcome Page” in different languages if anyone is willing to help polishing English version first: Yearn Useful Links

I am mostly looking for people who can write an overview with couple of links in it.

Don’t take Dovey too seriously, she is not the only Chinese OK?

6 Likes

I think to start off keep it simple.

1. Create a chinese Weibo/Wechat account.
  2. Create a chinese medium account.
  3. The above are just english articles / posts translated.
  4. For main websites, just have a language selection which uses auto translate.
  5. Discord kept like it is.

Can we do this? @milkyklim

2 Likes

Dovey is a pump and dump shiller, I wouldn’t take anything she says seriously. She wants to seem genuine and someone good for the space but behind the scenes she’s shady af. Case in point here of what she told you, promoting a dodgy fork and trying her hardest now to legitimise it.

There are plenty of records of her from 2017 getting up to no good. She uses the knowledge gap between of the Chinese community who don’t understand English and manipulates it to her advantage.

5 Likes

Yes, to all 5 above. However, I don’t have resources to take care of that.

Can you take over? Or find people who can run those platforms on regular basis?

Noted :slight_smile: I will do so

2 Likes

My brother and I have been working with Chinese crypto companies for a while now, and helping Western projects enter the Asian market at web3.consulting.

For translations we charge low market price ($0.10/word). And if you want to do PR, exchange listing, meetups, hackathons, we can connect you to a professional marketing agency.

Also just happy to answer questions in general :slight_smile:

@mao thanks for taking the initiative! Could you share the invite QR code here?

@milkyklim I think we go google translate all medium articles, then get a chinese speaker to over look and modify. Thats most efficient way of doing it.

Anyone that speaks chinese in the YFI community able to help us?

There is not too many articles.

1 Like

Can’t agree more…

That’s how any translator does it, too :slight_smile:

You should ask in a Wechat group. Everyone knows YFI and probably there are a few people who will help you to translate for free. If you got Wechat, send me your id.

Just for full disclosure … after reading a bit more about YFii, I bought a small bag. It then promptly dumped when Cronje unleashed his vampire vault :slight_smile: Luckily it was a SMALL bag … and YFi is where my main attention and bag lies.

I am pretty sure that most of the content is translated to Chinese already, and you can find it via baidu.

Let’s do this:

1. You start a google doc with all the links to content you want to have translated (website, docs, medium, …)
  2. I find the Chinese translations and link them in the sheet
  3. We discuss ways and places to host this list at relevant places (link on yearn finance? i18n? Chinese social media channels?)

Feel free to add me on Telegram @chriscyber :slight_smile: