PROPOSAL: Mint 3000 YFI to compensate Andre for his work

I would support either a portion of YFI or a % of on-going profits to Andre. But I have no idea because never accepts any money (except some YFI, purportedly for voting), and has never expressed his true feelings towards compensation.

Some men can’t be reasoned with, they just want to build the world.

3 Likes

He’s a motherfucking legend.

3 Likes

He definitely is. <3

1 Like

3000 is a big number but not really. Remember a couple months ago a lot of the community wanted to mint 20,000 Yfi giving 10,000 to liquidity farming locusts and another 10,000 to an inexperienced Dao.

1 Like

Consider that right now, only 6k is staked in governance.

1 Like

Let’s not force this on Andre at present. I agree that when he does ask for direct YFI comp then it should be discussed and a solution handled, at that time. Doing it prematurely however can be jarring and an unwanted distraction tbh.

And this isn’t about the voting rights either. Anything Andre says will be prioritized by YFI Holders and most likely, in large part, rubber-stamped after thoughtful discussion.

Sometimes it is best not to force something upon someone who is not looking for it at that particular time. Let’s cross this bridge when Andre wants to.

4 Likes

Andre could essentially name his price when he so desires and the community would pay him an extraordinary amount to stay on board. He shouldn’t expect the community to guess this number and it should happen when he decides he needs to bring it up.

2 Likes

And Andre himself submitted the proposal to ensure no more YFI could be minted lulz.

Which btw, y’all should go vote for here now:

https://snapshot.page/#/yearn/proposal/QmXywy67BG2rMwaMnfWWP5op6MWPdYUU3RPxD38WdxkN57

1 Like

Let’s mint to get number back to 30k, and vest it to Dre. Then burn keys as per Burn YFI minting ability permanently

If we then want to incentivise additionally, let’s do it via the Treasury, through community YFI holdings. Will require parting with your YFI instead of diluting YFI value via supply increases.

2 Likes

I’m all for fair compensation, but at current prices 3000 YFI is 120M, which could easily become 1.2B.

How about no?

This proposal is ludicrous in the amounts chosen, besides the fact that ANY additional minting of YFI would be seen as a death stab.

1 Like

This thread to me has vibes of emotional campaigning. The inflationists are playing at your heart strings. Consider not immediately calling those opposed chumps. Everyone wants to compensate Andre. And most of us also wanted to burn the minting keys long ago so people like you cant spring up every 5 months: now print for banteg, now klim, now trac, now andre again, then just for fun ,then for charity

4 Likes

I’ll repost what I said in another thread recently:

From a protocol integrity standpoint, we should mint at least some more YFI. YIP 0, which was proposed by Andre, passed. That YIP called for inflation. I voted against YIP 0 at the time, the vote was close, but I lost. Rejecting that vote sets a bad precedent and suggests that votes do not have consequences. To give meaning to YIP 0 and the voting process in general, we should mint some additional YFI. It can be 1 YFI, 1000 YFI, or something else. The point is there was a vote and it should be respected and implemented. I would then suggest we put all the minted YFI in the treasury for whatever future uses we vote for and then immediately burn the minting capability.

This would put meaning behind an earlier vote but also put a hard cap on the amount of YFI. The minted YFI couls be put in treasury andcould be spent on any of these things the inflationists want or could be burned, distributed to holders, or used to support the protocol.

I cant believe this discussion is even ongoing, and I’m slightly embarrassed this appears in our newsletter. Fewer than Few understand!!! Who are these bleeding hearts? No fortitude, no fire, and completely lacking the Yearn vision. Lord of Mercy - FORWARD! FU

Thank God Andre made the burn proposal and this can all end very soon.

1 Like

Let’s make sure to give the man whatever makes him happy. Maybe a friendly nod in the street, or your YFI rewards for a month when the protocol matures and rewards increase.

But probably don’t mint coins. I’m quite confident that would go against what the man has tried to build.

Indeed, the proposal to make it impossible to ever mint YFI again has been made, by Andre himself. Let’s make him proud. Learn about Yearn, marvel at the vision, and if you can, reward the man by making him happy.

It sounds like this proposal was born from the best self-sacrificing intention, but for deeper reasons finds itself misguided. Learn Yearn, it’s fun :wink:.

1 Like

Andre also proposed YIP 0 (which called for YFI inflation). It passed.

Andre also proposed a transferable governance token (gYFI), and as a group we basically rejected it without adequate discussion.

I don’t know the full context for those proposals. I can agree you’re bringing examples of Andre implying being interested in some other, perhaps even contradicting option. However, neither refutes the fact he submitted a proposal days ago that permanently destroys the ability to mint new YFI.

Are you suggesting we go directly against his own proposal in an effort to give him what he wants :sweat_smile:?

Actually, I am proposing that we consider the issues, particularly involving minting and burning the minting capability, carefully and do not adopt a proposal simply because Andre proposed it. I voted against inflation at the beginning (on YIP 0), but I lost. If votes are to have meaning and if we are going to be seen as fair and governed by majority votes and fair rules, we should consider giving affect to YIP 0. After that we should burn the minting capability.

I’m not saying we should blindly do what Andre says. I feel like you’re not engaging with the point I’m trying to communicate. Unless you do, I don’t think there’s much point in continuing our back and forth.

What is this proposal about if not helping Andre? Does it help Andre to go directly against what he proposes? Please show an error in that logic or let’s move on and find another way to make him happy (:

I think we actually agree for the most part. I would burn the minting capability as Andre’s most recent proposal calls for. But before that I would mint some additional YFI and put it in the treasury. This would also give affect to Andre’s very first proposal (YIP 0, which prevailed) and establish YFI as a protocol with the utmost integrity – which should be something all of us, including Andre, should aspire to.