[Proposal] create new Youtube account for newbie

Hello,

I think creating Yearn videos and tutorials would be awesome!

I’d be interested to see tutorial videos like how you are proposing, hosting on Youtube wasn’t my first idea of the final state for this type of video and educational content. My potential concerns with Youtube are (curious to see how we can meet these concerns):

• [Decentralization/Backup Access] it puts control in a single party and doesn’t play nice with decentralization (unless we can create an email account at @yearn.finance and maintain a secondary source of community backed account access. I’d hate to see a official Youtube channel get abandoned because only one person had access and something horrible happens, like you get hit by a bus.
  • Censorship - a number of folks run into censorship issues with FAANG centralized services. If a broad platform is established and then censored (regulators don’t like the “create your own high yield bank account” video) it would be frustrating.
  • I think it would be more inline with the ethos of Yearn to host these videos in a decentralized way and model/dog-food open community content development. I’m aware this is more work to setup than a quick and scrappy Youtube channel that publishes content tomorrow, but I think it would scale better and continue the ideas of the Yearn Manifesto.
  • I can imagine maybe a subdomain setup by the devs with a hosted content creation platform (or a simple Wordpress or other site that can give granular access to folks to create, embed, share tutorials and “official” guides that are accurate, specific about versions and updated/removed when new releases go out.

And also, am I suggesting lots of bureaucracy? Maybe this is a horrible idea and Youtube is great?