**[Proposal]** Developer Incentives

Against. For supporting devs, but against ignoring the first onchain vote (which was contentious and led to initial clone projects). Devalues YFI narrative.

Would reconsider if it included burning of keys and statement from Andre that he would actually accept the minted funds. AND we should do only 1 modification at a time (wait until buyback and build proposal voting finishes). Too many variables.

Proposal also based on current revenue. What if revenue 10x after v2? Multisig have unlimited authority to re up the $500k treasury infinitely so infinite budget already. What if we just upped salaries and frequency of treasury refills?

7 Likes

If we don’t figure out a way to align dev and holder incentives this little fairytale will end. 1K YFI is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I voted FOR as a result.

9 Likes

Altruism doesn’t work. Would help a little but not to the same scale as a mandates, system-wide change.

1 Like

You get it. Thank you.

Sorry, but this is wrong. YFI’s narrative is to become the world’s leading bank. The price action narratives of today are made obsolete by the products of tomorrow. Look at Ethereum versus Bitcoin.

We should get @andre.cronje & crew to write a statement saying that they would accept the funds and potentially do a burn at the same time. Great idea.

Short term narrative change that will lead to us winning long-term.

Willing to take the bumps for the space ride.

1 Like

For : devs need vested upside into the protocol. For minting 1K YFI, but vesting over multiple years necessary

3 Likes

This post is attracting a lot of people. And a lot of new faces here !

Emotion is taking a big part in a lot of messages.

But let’s try to be more rational.

Why do we need that ? Can we have more data ? How much do we need to pay our Devs ? What are we talking about ?

How many Devs are in that list ? After removing core contributors (with recurrent grant) or strategists (they already received Incentives with fees)

We need to know that !

Then more philosophical comments. Does the point and the goal of V2 isn’t to increase TVL, so increase fees so increase the treasury ? If this is the case I’m sure our Devs will receive their parts.

And finally, and this is something fundamental. How do we see Yearn as a project and a DAO ? We already voted to freeze the supply as @Dark , @tracheopteryx and others already mentioned.

So what does that means ? What is the point of voting if 6 months later we didn’t take it into account, and we make a new one. Is it how we want to build the project and work as a community ?

Since the beginning 30k YFI is the core of this project. And we all agreed for that. If we change that, the project will take another direction, and I’m not sure people will trust the project any more.

10 Likes

Disagree. Startups are meant to be flexible. Equity issuance is the best way to align incentives, plain and simple. Look at Elon and Tesla. I know numerous investors who only invest if the CEO has over 10% of the company.

How much of YFI do our builders own? Less than 1%…

There are a lot of people who will never buy YFI purely from this misalignment of incentives.

1 Like

The devs are inadequately compensated. How do the builders of a project own so little of the equity of their project?

Imagine building something that can literally become the future of finance, only to have a bunch of free riders say that they deserve more than you because of irrelevant memes.

1 Like
  1. Someone who works for you without equity in the system, despite them doing much much more than you, is indentured servitude. You’re right, it is different, because they can always leave, and they will if your mindset is shared.

2. Andre rejects because he is selfless. It’s up to us to return that selflessness.

What type of startup decides to never issue equity again?

You’re going to manage incentives poorly, and the project will suffer.

1 Like

Imagine calling for unity literally one post after calling most of the community free riders.

2 Likes

I’m currently one of those free riders. Here trying to fix that.

1 Like

You are mixing everything

We are not a startup and We already voted for that.

Why do they need YFI ? They can receive yUSD and buy YFI with it. Not need to mint more token

What’s the link with dev here ?

I agree with the main purpose (developer Incentives) but there is other and better way to do it. And again. We already voted !!!

And please answer my question. How much do we need for this ?

At the moment this proposal is empty and just there to make the buzz. We clearly don’t need that. Or if we do, prove it with numbers !

7 Likes

Yes we are a startup. We’re less than a year old…

If we do not align their incentives with ours, our YFI will be worthless.

If we cannot be flexible, we will lose.

I would like to see our builders own at least 10% of the entire Yearn Ecosystem. I thought 3% was very small, but enough to begin to align incentives, especially when matched with the new YIPs to redirect earnings to those who created those earnings.

I know smart people who will not invest in YFI because of an incentive misalignment. Eventually, when incentives are misaligned, the system breaks.

1 Like

To cut the cake what about inflation of 3% per 5 years with halving each 5 years ?

1 Like

Ok so clearly you have no argument here. Bad buzz…

And you should probably read more about how people contributing are or will be rewarded

2 Likes

Lol what–fully aware of everything. How about debating the points of incentive misalignment?

You are mixing everything

Ya why are we mixing up YFI tokenomics with support for our developers?

Printing more YFI that will be dumped on our heads for daily expenses. Instead of paying with USD.

Is there a specific reason why can’t we support development with stablecoin income???

2 Likes

If the protocol makes enough revenue minting will never be a consideration. The solution is to make better products that fit the market. Not build for the sake of building.

Align product fee generation with value accrual for all interested parties, holders and devs. That simple.

I agree with the buyback proposal instead of this one.

3 Likes