Pre-CRV rewards distribution, liquidation, or boost

agree. we can wait 1 year or more. but not take the share away.

3 Likes

Everyone said that. Sorry but a lot of LP were in the vault because they knew they will get good yield and the pre crv. If LP donā€™t receive the CRV they deserve I think this will be bad for the yearn reputation. We should give the pre crv to the LP and make idea number 3 valide from now when everyone is aware of where the CRV are going.

6 Likes

The UI was even showing the number of CRV you were getting.

4 Likes

Do we know what kind of logistical burden trying to distribute vested CRV to LPā€™s would be? Iā€™m assuming there are probably 100s if not over 1000 individual balances to manage, probably at least 95% of which are not worth the gas if distributed daily. How long would this take to organize? Maybe waiting a year and distributing the total balances is more feasible but, honestly, you probably would have made substantially more at that point by the increased CRV revenue from the lockup if you kept your yCRV in the vault. Ultimately, someone with some programming / smart contract experience (which I lack) will have to weigh in on the feasibility of this. Some people probably donā€™t want to hear this, but the yvault was never advertised as a finished product and everyone was made known of the inherent risks of investing in it. Losing a small portion of yield due to resultant complexity of the method of CRV distribution chosen by curve not the worst outcome by far.

2 Likes

Extract from learnyearn newsletter
https://www.learnyearn.finance/blog/link-vaults-crv

" We were able to confirm that if you are staking in the [$yCRV Vault], you will receive the $CRV token when it is released."

8 Likes

The problem is that you are taking action on something that was done by others to benefit different people. If you take the CRV from precrv vault stakers and give them to actual vault stakers, you are taking from someone that may not be the second one. This is really bad.

2 Likes

And also usually only have ~100 votes or so. Easily manipulated with sock-puppets/sybils, doesnā€™t take much effort.

1 Like

+1 on #3

And I believe it should be up for voting ASAP!

BTW AndrĆ© Good jobā€¦ keep it up!

Greetings from Majorca :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I am definitely in favor of an additional 2.5 times boost, but it is necessary to understand how the project (YFI) will participate in the governance of Curve (the decision to vote on the forum looks quite cumbersome, perhaps every YFI holder will be able to vote in proportion to his part in some way).

I would be glad to hear ideas on this matter.

2 Likes

I think the only fair option is to sell pre-CRV and give the amount to charity; plus apology to the pre-CRV LPs for misleading them.
Anything else will be unethical.

1 Like

Totally disagree the right thing to do is to liquidate and give to the lp that were in the vault precrv. This is the only honest stuff to do. Legally if we liquidate and give to charity or use it for options 3, we are actually stealing precrv LP.

8 Likes

Voting power can also be used to vote for the yearn guage!

Sure, the right thing is to give to precrv LPs (I am one of them and I am not in yVault anymore) but if this is technically unfeasible I would rather see the money going to charity.

3 Likes

Option 4: 4 years lock and a percentage of the rewards go to the current vested yCRV LP since technically the $CRV belongs to them.

Option 5: distribute current $CRV but 4 years lock for all future earned $CRV and slowly release the $CRV after 4 years is expired.

The time lock mechanism is going to be huge for yCRV vault and will increase deposit rate significantly. Itā€™s a no brainier imo.

2 Likes

Apparently, option 3 is a no-brainer in the sense of building long-term value for YFI.

As @learn2yearn explains in this post (https://www.learnyearn.finance/blog/aug-16-farming-crv), YFI holders together would become a power player in CRV governance.

2 Likes

yes option 3 is in the best longterm interest of the projectā€¦

1 Like

You have a point. It was communicated that yCRV LPs using the vaults would receive their share of CRV. Unless we are able to vote lock theirs to generate a boost, which will result in more CRV now to distribute immediately vs distributing to them as the vested CRV slowly releases. Hopefully I am making sense in explaining this.

1 Like

Helloā€¦ yes it is LEARN YEARN.

We apologize for any communication regarding LPs of the $yCRV Vault earning the $CRV token. This was a mistake.

While we were able to confirm that yes, the VAULT would be earning $CRV we did not get confirmation from anyone at YEARN that these would be distributed to LPs.

VAULTS have always been enter 1 asset, get more of the same asset back.

This is Andreā€™s vision and has always been communicated as such.

WE MADE THE MISTAKE. BAD KIRBY. WE WILL GET BETTER!

Participating in CRV governance and 2.5x boost is the only way forward.

5 Likes

If the goal is always to get more of the same asset back then liquidate the CRV and give yCRV back to the preCRV LP. This is the only way to go.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not sure why there was an expectation that yCRV vaults would be receiving $CRV rewards. That seems more like an assumption, and we cannot be in the business of satisfying everyoneā€™s assumptions.

If itā€™s not in the deployed contracts and/or governance has not decided it, then itā€™s purely speculation. It doesnā€™t matter who said what on whatever chat or forum.

Iā€™m all for option 3. It also gives $YFI holders a larger say in Curve governance, and a larger platform to maintain the symbiosis between the two protocols. This is the best of all worlds and the better option for the longterm interest of $YFI token holders.

6 Likes