Please make recoverable way for people who mistransffered

so, you mean there is no way to recover…? oh god…

There is no way to recover without affecting the entire eco system. Unfortunately, this is a question of 1 person vs the entire eco system. Sorry for your lost

1 Like

Lesson for any token developers: a single line of Solidity can prevent this from happening

2 Likes

We could queue up any token recovery requests until the next time the time lock expires? having to wait a while to receive your token might be better than not being able to get them at all. But this should be part of a larger debate which would involve a due process where the claims are investigated and possibly involving a fee payment by the claimant towards the community as compensation for the extra work created…and to discourage such future mismanagement.

I’m really grateful of our community If it could be done. Thanks for your opinion, cnumber!

1 Like

When does the time lock expire?

Can we make contracts that can send tokens back if someone does this again or is that a waste of time?

You can make a YIP to pay you back from the community fund. Better to have people vote on it than to do nothing. At least this gives you a chance of getting your money back if the community is feeling nice to everyone who burned their tokens this way.

3 Likes

i think it’s weird to make that YIP(use community fund for me) myself…

There are other people too who mis-transfered not just you. But other than making a YIP like I said above it doesnt seem like there is a chance to get your money back.

Chiming in here - I spoke to Andre, there is no technical way to recover this users coins. He said the only way this would be accomplished was if the user created a YIP vote, and the community as a whole passed that proposal.

I believe that is what this user is trying to propose.

What proposal are you suggesting? That it come from community funds?

could you please let me know how to make YIP?? I couldn’t find anywhere…

Instructions are here:

2 Likes

Closed since inactive.