Redenominate YFI

Its ok, you don’t want people who doesn’t understand market cap concept to buy anyway. I think we should focus on making YFI governance better rather than higher price. Higher price will come if we build something unique and has value.

I’ve edited initial post to add the poll @redenominate_yFI.

2 Likes

Good point. We can introduce a second token…like sathoshi and leave YFI as is…

To be honest i would be in favor of a reverse split.

2 Likes

Can u also add a third option?..to introduce a secondary token…similar to Sathoshi for BTC…may be we can call it…1 YFI = 10000 AND. We can leave the original YFI token as is.

This never works. Worst of both words.

It is unrelated to denomination. It is just naming convention.

As @banteg suggested just name 1 YFI = 1000 Andre.

Let’s not Polkadot this. The redenomination argument is a bit nonsensical. We shouldn’t be catering to the emotional psyche of buyers. The project will funnel people to YFI, not the other way around.

The distribution was fair and already leaps and bounds above the standard in this space. Why are we trying to conjure ways to distribute more “fairness”, as it’s been framed? I don’t buy it.

8 Likes

1:1000 would shoot the total no. of tokens over 30M. Part of the interest in YFI comes from its low supply, YIF-fiers get to feel they are among the ‘few’ owners.
I’d cap tot supply at under 1M tokens (possibly a 1:10 split)

Yes it was more fair than standard projects in the space but I would only call one week of farming fair in theory. I guarantee the people who discovered YFI on day 8 don’t think it’s fair. With this young of a protocol everyone jumping in now is also very risky and I think should be rewarded.

Personally I’d also like to keep the total cap under 21 million (strictly for marketing reasons).

That misses the point entirely.

Redenomination does nothing to improve fairness. Nor should fairness be the focal point at this stage. People miss the boat all the time. People will FOMO into YFI years from now if the project is successful, and I bet they wished they got in earlier too. This is all just dancing around the fact that some people don’t like the fact that the price of $YFI is high.

6 Likes

Fair point that my response wasn’t redenomination related. It was however relevant to the fairness aspect you brought up. The distribution thread would have been a better place to discuss it. I completely disagree that fairness shouldn’t be discussed at this time as it goes hand in hand with growing the community. Sure people miss the boat all the time but we have a chance to be inclusive (which happens to be the ethos of this project to begin with). And by the way I f’ing love the price and hopes it goes way higher. I’m sure 99% of the community feels the same. I just think growing the community leads to the moon and keeping status quo eventually leads to a big dump.

I agree with this point and am for this. People like being able to own 1 of something :man_shrugging:

Right now 1 $YFI is exorbitant for the average DeFi user ($3,032.91). This proposal would make that $3.03, which is more reasonable.

3 Likes

I think public exposure to this project doesn’t need any help, the fact that YFI and the defi space increased so much within a week shows ongoing interest. I think focus should be on governances for smoother access, safety measures, and user interfaces, this would allow for easy access for most to be a part of YFI. Accessibility and safety is the issue right now not phycological interest.

1 Like

I disagree, it is too early. It look likes a copy of Polkadot.
First we have to built a good product with a lot of intrinsic value.
Only when the price of YFI :rocket: because of this we can reconcider it

Exactly. The focus needs to be on funneling users to the platform, and refining and formalizing the governance. Not big number too big, make big number smol.

I’m not necessarily against redenomination, I just think there needs to be a better and more well reasoned argument for why that should be the case, and why that would benefit the ecosystem as a whole. You only get one shot at this, unless we want to adjust it every week, like some weird offshoot of AMPL.

1 Like

OMG. What is up with the constant desire to save noobs from themselves! Inflationists are deliberately trying to crowd out useful conversations with round about nonsense. Please, we’ve deliberated on this enough.

It’s time we start discussing how we going to communicate this project to the world that drives real growth.

We have competition that has direction! Continued nonsense like this does NOTHING to help us.

A 1c token is looked on like a pos. penny stock. A 10,000 price tag screams quality and success. Which do you want for this project???

3 Likes

No. Don’t fix what isn’t broken. There is absolutely no reason to do this. @andre.cronje gave us 30k. deal with it.

10 Likes

Can we not just burn the keys and move on!!??!! Please!!

1 Like